Tuesday, December 20

Monthly Savings & Expenses November 2016

Monthly Savings & Expenses November 2016



Time flies really really fast! Especially when it's nearing the end of the year. And before I know it, it is already 20 days into the month of December! Very late to be posting my November 2016 savings and expenses. But I can't let it stop after documenting for the past 10 months. This is what happens when you keep putting off something to the next day and it never gets done.



Anyway, November 2016 is gone and basically what went was this. The US elections happened and Trump won. Not that I follow such political stuffs especially when it's outside of Singapore, but as I do a bit of Forex, it made me some money as I watch the market go up then down and up again. A hugh roller coaster ride for many traders I believe.

My side hustle KidzDash took a bit of a hit this month as we were faced with a rainy month and we were unable to operate for some weeks. Hopefully things will pick up in December.

Here's how my November expenses and savings went.

Monthly Expenses November 2016

Necessity


House ($312.60) - Apart from groceries shopping, we had to change our tap for kitchen sink and toilet. Both the two taps at $41.80 and $30.80 respectively from Sim Siang Choon at IMM. What surprised me was that transport charges for tap was at $60 and 2 taps would cost $120. I mean, you only come to my house one time to do the installation, why are you charging me twice? Luckily my wife still had the contact of a handy man we used to engage before and $50 settled the installations. 

Food & Eating Out ($501.97 - $32.18 = $469.79) - Daily meals and the weekends eating out. 30% of eating out is allocated as baby expenses.

Transport & Taxi ($80.00) - Monthly EZ Reload top up of $80 and a few taxi trips.

Bills ($430.20) - Personal insurance, mum insurance and money set aside for savings

Communication ($42.00) - My M1 bill that is still on the 3G plan with 12 GB of data.

Baby ($392.50 + $32.18 = $424.68) - The usual expenses on Chloe including packet milk, allowance, tidbits etc. 

























ItemAmt
Insurance100
Packet milk 50
Allowance200
Wet wipes 19.90
Toy8
Medication14.6


Total  $392.50

Baby 2 ($564) - This was the scan which revealed the sex of my 2nd child. And it's a girl. Find out all the happenings here.

Financial Freedom

Everything Savings Account ($200.00) - This goes directly to the 'DO NOT TOUCH' account.

Long Term Savings

Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF ($100.00) - This one's for the long term but automation is the key. It's a 'Set and Forget' method.

Play

Play ($18.50) - It's just movie 'Trolls' with my wife and daughter.

Gifts

Gifts ($85.80) - Some nice tops for my wife and a bit of xmas presents shopping.


Total Expenses for November 2016: $1,895.75

Monthly Savings November 2016






52 Weeks Increasing Money Challenge


$106.00 - Automation works like a charm! 4 weeks of $26.50! Yeah! There are many ways to save money, but i like this the most!

$0.00 - No balance this month. :(

Financial Freedom Jar
$200.00 - From the Do Not Touch account to the Do Not Touch account!

$0.00 - No sales this month. 

Total Saved for Nov 2016: $306.00
Total Saved Since Jan 2016: $3,735.50

Check out how i did in previous months here!

If you have other ways to save money, do let me know. Thanks. :)

1 comment:

  1. It is good to save and budget the expense but I think we need to create multiple income. If not your life will be miserable as expenses and inflation will keep increasing or we may lose job in future.

    Example of multiple income:
    1.Investment, get dividend, bond coupon, capital gain
    2.we can use our skill set to add addition income ( Tuition, music lesson, Uber and etc.
    3.Online business, buy item from overseas and sell locally
    4.Reinvest the extra income back to s/n:1

    Use this addition income to reinvest for compounding effect.

    Maybe you want to share any ideal to do it?

    ReplyDelete