Wednesday, January 4

Top 10 Most Popular Post In 2016


Top 10 Most Popular Post In 2016

Happy Happy New Year and a Happy Happy 2017 my friends and fellow savers! 

2016 is over! Some of us can't wait for it to end, some wished it never ends. Whichever side you are on, lets take a look at some of the things that happened in my little blog. I look at famous bloggers with millions of views and comments in their blogs and it has always been my desire to be able to come up with a Top 10 list myself. Not the most impressive stats but at least it shows more than 1 person reading my blog since i started active blogging in 2016.  


Here's how it goes!

Total Posts in 2016: 64. This works out to be about 5 posts a month. 8 posts a month is the target I will be working towards in 2017. 

Total Pageviews in 2016: 37,283. Definitely more than 1 person reading my blog. Thank you all! 

Total uncompleted drafts: 40. Some of these were just one liners, some with simply a title. I should take some time going through them and I will have 40 new posts for 2017!


Top 10 Pageviews by Country
Entry Pageviews
Singapore
18403
United States
12045
Russia
2447
France
578
Malaysia
501
Indonesia
440
Germany
365
Thailand
166
Ukraine
151
India
122

This list was quite surprising to me. Although some of the stuffs in my blog are general saving tips and guide, I would still be just expecting viewers from my neighbouring countries like Malaysia and Indonesia. But United States views exceeded my neighbour countries by a long shot. And Russia? France? How did these people find me?

Ok enough of the numbers let's get down to the real things.

Top 10 Most Popular Post In 2016

10) Baby Money Tracker (21 Apr 2014 - 1508)

I confess! I cheated a little here as this post was up since 2014 when i started to do a detailed tracking of expenses on my little one and wasn't actively blogging at all. She is now 2 years old. But in all truth, the views were all registered in 2016. If you would like to know how much is cost from pregnancy to birth of a child and beyond. Do check this out!


9) A Birthday Gift for myself (21 Nov 2016 - 1518)
A self reflection post on what gift I should get myself on my birthday with updates on my financial goals and plans.

I don't do many reviews, but this is one app that I truly love and has been a great help in tracking of my savings and expenses.

7) How to make 2000% ROI (28 July 2016 - 1608)
Story of how a young boy tried his hand at selling stuffs. The rejections he faced, the success he achieved and lesson learned. (ok that young boy was me...)

Is 'Money the root of all evil?' Our upbringing shapes the way we look at money and its value and how we ultimately handle our personal finance. Here are some interesting myths out there! 

5) How many bank accounts should you have? (19 Oct 2016 - 1630)
A song my daughter has been singing lately comes to my mind. Baa baa black sheep, have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full.
One for my master,
One for my dame, and
one for the little boy
who lives down the lane.
So the question now is, how many accounts should we have?

4) The Investment Banker & The Fisherman (15 Aug 2016 - 1631)
Everyone loves a story or 2 about making it big in life. Reaching our goals, achieving success, expanding in our business and all that good stuff. But sometimes, life is in such a way that we already have all that we wanted. 

There are only 2 times that you need to invest. The first time was 10 years ago. The second time? 

2) Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Bankrupt Dad (17 Aug 2016 - 1827)
This was a surprising news to me. And a surprise entry at my number 2 spot as well. Rich Dad Poor Dad's author Robert Kiyosaki was such a well known financial guru that you would never have thought he would be in such a situation. 

1) Breaking News! Sex of Baby 2 revealed! (16 Nov 2016 - 1888)
A big THANK YOU to everyone who showed me the love on this one.

That sums up the whole of 2016.
2017 will be another awesome year, and I am sure of that! Cheers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment